Please refer to my CV for more information about my publication and presentations.
- Shin, J., Chen, F., Chang, L., & Bulut, O. (Accepted). Analyzing Students’ Performance in Computerized Formative Assessments to Optimize Teachers' Test Administration Decisions using Deep Learning Frameworks. Journal of Computers in Education.
- Shin, J., & Bulut, O. (Accepted). Building an intelligent recommendation system for personalized test scheduling: A reinforcement learning approach. Behavior Research Methods. DOI: 10.3758/s13428-021-01602-9
- Shin, J., Balyan, R., Banawan, M., Leite, W. L., & McNamara, D. S (in press). Pedagogical Communication Language in Video Lectures: Empirical Findings from AlgebraNation. In Proceedings of International Conference of the Learning Sciences 2021.
- Gierl, M. J., Shin, J., & Firoozi, T. (in press). Automatic item generation. In R.Tierney, F. Rizvi, K. Ercikan, & G. Smith (Eds.), International Encyclopedia of Education(4th Ed.). New York: Elsevier.
- Shin, J. & Guo, Q. & Gierl, M. J. (2020). Automated essay scoring using deep learning. In M. Khosrow-Pour (Editor), Handbook of Research on Modern Educational Technologies, Applications, and Management (Vol. 2) IGI-Global. DOI:10.4018/978-1-7998-3476-2
- Bulut. O., Cormier, D. C. & Shin, J. (2020). An Intelligent recommender system for personalized test administration scheduling with computerized formative assessments. Frontiers in Education, 5, 1-11. DOI: 10.3389/feduc.2020.572612
- Shin, J. & Gierl, M. J. (2020). More Efficient Processes for Creating Automated Essay Scoring Frameworks: A Demonstration of Two Algorithms. Language Testing. DOI:10.1177/0265532220937830 Impact Factor: 1.708. Rank: 19% = 37/187
- Shin, J., Bulut, O. & Gierl, M. J. (2020). Development practices of trusted AI systems among Canadian data scientists. International Review of Information Ethics. DOI:10.29173/irie377
- Gierl, M. J. & Shin, J. (2020). Using Automated Procedures to Machine Score Essays. Written in the New Zealand NCEA Examination Content Areas of English and History. Wellington, NZ: New Zealand Qualification Authority
- Shin, J., Bulut, O. & Gierl, M. J. (2019). The Effect of Best distractor location on the difficulty of multiple-choice items. Journal of Experimental Education. DOI:10.1080/00220973.2019.1629577 Impact Factor: 2.107. Rank: 8% = 21/243
- Shin, J. , Guo, Q. & Gierl, M. J. (2019). Multiple-Choice Item Distractor Development using Topic Modelling Approaches. Frontiers in Psychology, 10:825. DOI:10.3389/fp- syg.2019.00825 Impact Factor: 2.130. Rank: 29% = 40/137